Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Rick here..."The bad news and the good news..."


The bad news...

My arms and hands have been getting weaker and weaker and I can no longer hold anything in my hands even my favorite beverage. Believe it or not I am actually reduced to sipping my LAB Lite through a straw! ARGHHHHHH!

Wait a minute...on the other hand...

The good news is...

I CAN still drink Lab lite through a straw!

I suppose it all comes down to perspective. Is your glass half empty or is it half full????? The crazy part of ALS is that while you grieve the loss of daily simple capabilities you also have to realize that in no time it will be much worse.

My advice of the day to all...cherish your loved ones, squeeze the joy from every moment and live each day as though it was your last! Don't sweat the small stuff and realize that most of the things that drive us crazy from day to day are nothing but SMALL stuff!