Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Joan here..."I feel so sorry for my husband"

I grew up with a dad who was an alcoholic and came home very late every night after the pub closed....he never took me on a holiday....he never was at my teacher meetings.....he never did a lot of things with me...he wasn't perfect obviously.....but you know what???? I always went to see him on Father's Day....He was my Father....I knew in his own way that he loved me!!! The only thing is that he didn't get a divorce.....maybe that is what makes a difference to a kid.......I love you dad!!!! To my dear husband who is kind and wonderful...who I feel so sorry for ....and that this is his last Father's Day.....not one of his kids came here in person today on Father's Day! What more can I say!!!!

To all of you who have a Dad no matter how imperfect....appreciate him and love him, once he is gone...it is too late!!!!