Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Joan here..."Baby Cyrus is here!"

I am so excited, baby Cyrus George is here! Today was his grand arrival! I tried to upload the pic but it didn't work.

He is such a sweet and wonderful little baby! Welcome to this world little Cyrus...I love you so much!!!!! My daughter Jen has 4 children now! 2 girls and 2 boys and informs me that the tubes are offically snipped! Can't say I blame her!

More news, Tia and Katie are going to be awared with the ALS Edmonds Award this week. How wonderful is that!!!!

I am still up and about working and trying to keep busy. Life is not easy and will never be but I am keeping busy!

Thanks for all the luv and kindness!!!!