Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Rick here..."Happy Valentine's Day"










Well, my sweetheart pulled off quite a surprise for me! She arrived back from uptown tonight, came into the suite, grabbed my hand and said "I am taking you out for a Valentine supper tonight!". Like the obedient husband that I am I followed her into the garage where to my surprise she had transformed a small area into an intimate romantic dinning room!
Any of you who know Joan know that Joan is the party queen and she outdid herself this time. We dined by candle light on salad, bun, garlic mashed potatoes, bean mixture, steak, and lobster...did I say lobster??? YES, it has become a Whitemouth specialty...thanks to our friends Mike, Arlene & Kirsten at the Whitemouth Hotel! Even complete with a strawberry angel food cake dessert!!!
Joan has the most incredible gift of being able to transform the most unlikely spaces into wonderful party places. Thank you from the bottom of my heart sweetheart. You indeed are one of a kind! (This is Joan...what else can he say???...I am typing this for him!!!) :)