Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Rick here..."Happy 2nd Anniversary to me!"

It's February 1st and officially two years since I was diagnosed with ALS! Wow...has our life every changed!

When you are diagnosed with ALS you are handed a death sentence. Every day becomes precious! I would not have dreamed that I am essentially a quadriplegic only I can feel everything. Whether you have ALS or not you should treat every day as a gift that you have been given. Every one of my days from here on in will be particularily special as at diagnosis I was given two years to live! I am still here and intend to be for a long time yet! Just need to get my body to agree with it!!! :)

A heartfelt thank you to my sweetheart Joan, our families, friends, dozens of health care professionals, and the countless prayers who have helped me get here!

Happy 2nd Anniversary to me...Happy 2nd Anniversary to me....Happy 2nd Anniversary to meeeeeeeee....Happy 2nd Anniversary to me!!!!!!!!! Now that I got that all out of my system I will go and celebrate by sipping a nice cold beer with my straw! :)