Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rick here..."Shower humour!"


Okay...this broke me up!
For those of you who may not know Joan well she has a wild sense of humour! We spend a lot of our time laughing together.
She was showering me a couple of days ago which is quite a feat in itself as I am pretty much a quad at this point. Half way through the shower Joan placed the head of the hand held shower in my lap where I usually steady it while she shampoos me. My arms have deteriated to the point where I only have a bit of movement in my thumb. The shower head started to slip away from me and spray Joan. She immediately quips "Come on Rick, you have a thumb, use it!" We both broke out laughing until we almost cried. A merry heart does good like a medicine.
Moral of the story: So, just remember next time when you think you have nothing left....If you only have a thumb...use it! LOL