Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Rick here..."A letter from Katie"

At the end of a particular difficult day there was a little knock at the door and our granddaughter Katie came bounding up the stairs with this letter. She came over to my bed and leaned on her elbows which is a sign that we are going to have our heart to heart talk. She said "Grandpa mom and dad have been talking to me and I know that you are not doing very good. They said if I have anything that I want to tell you that I should do it now so I put it in a letter for you. As she turned to go she looked over her shoulder and said "and grandpa I want you to know that EVERYTHING in that letter is true!" Then off she skipped to bed. What a gift!

(Typed as she printed it spelling and all. It now sits framed in our suite and forever in our hearts)

"grandpa with out you the sun would't glow.
Your the one who keeps the earth spinning.
Your the one who keeps the flowers from wilting.
When I'm feeling down you cheer me up with love!
Without you I wouldn't have lernt: chess, fishing,reading,riding my tricycle, how to face my fears.
Your the other half of my heart.
Your the day light of my day.
Your smile is as bright as as sun glow.
your the one who inspired me to be a musician.
If you weren't here I wouldn't have been to banff.
Your a wonderfull grandpa I couldn't have asked for better.
You touch my heart and you always will no matter what.
your the one who told me to never give up.
Your the one who went through all that trouble to build that playhouse."