Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Two Years and still so hard to believe!

It has been two years now as of the 13th of this month and it is still so hard to believe that Ricki is no longer here in person! 

I thank my family, friends and neighbours who have been most supporting, loving and kind during my darkest and saddest hours in my life! 

I don't cry like I used too but at the drop of a hat I can cry if I start to think of Rick.  The saddness and missing him will never go away.  I just have learned how NOT to stay in that place of thinking and just enjoy each day of living!  It is amazing what loneliness can achieve as a motivator in one's being.  I never dreamt how much a person can miss someone. Rick's love, his smile, his humour, his gentleness, his kind words, his warm touch, his spontinaity and on and on the list goes....

I have done some travelling and experienced some new things that I have never done before...zip lining....golfing....seadooing, quading and I even got to drive a new corvette!!!! It was a standard and I didn't even stall it on the highway!!!! 

I was invited to a bque with the Prime Minister of Canada recently and had my picture taken with him.  That was an amazing time.  I know Rick would be smiling over that one as we both campaigned together just before he got ill!