Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rick and Joan here...2 more days till Christmas!


Wow! Christmas is just a couple of days away. We are enjoying family and friends! We have had so much snow out here. No problems having a white Christmas!

We haven't blogged for awhile as we have been busy with family and friends. Our friend Mike so graciously delivered a Christmas tree which now stands all lit up on our back deck. Joan's hairdresser is now Rick's hairdresser. Because of the stair issue she agreed to come over here and cut his hair. Talk about going the extra mile!

We had our family Christmas dinner at the Whitemouth Hotel Restaurant. A big big thank you to Mike, Arlene & Kirsten for their awesome service and hospitality! We even enjoyed a surprise visit from Santa (Thanks Grayson)! We all came back here afterwards for a great time together. Wow! 9 grand kids and 5 adult children and partners. It made for a pretty fantastic time! We forgot to have a family pic taken!!!! agghhhhhhhhhhhh.............

We had a wonderful gathering at Joan's folks place. It was mixed with sadness and joy! I find it so hard at these gatherings as next time (if there is one) I will either not be able to attend or will be in an even more tragic state than I am. As it was...Joan had to park as close to the door as possible. Nick and Conrad were waiting for us to arrive to bring me in. Then Nick and David got to take me out at the end! All of Joan's family have been so gracious and helpful to us both in so many ways! I am truly blessed!

A big thank you to Jenn & Clif for completing the heating system in the suite. Now we can sleep with the windows open again ! lol Thanks Colleen and Ella & Remi for the fantastic lunch and visit. Thanks Jake & Val for all the snow clearing in keeping a pathway for me. Not to mention the never ending ongoing other stuff you take care of for us!

Today, my sister and husband from Ontario and my folks and Joan and I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at "Jennifer's" in Seven Sisters together. The food and service there is fantastic. Can you believe it...goat curry soup??? mmmmmm...delicious!!! Last time I had alligator soup and the time before I had tripe (Joan calls it cow stomach soup). Our kinda place!!! Not to mention their delicious chicken and ribs!!!
We all came back here afterwards and had a wonderful but very emotional time together.