Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Joan here..."Please pray for Jeannette and her family"



Nathaniel Bushell

August 30, 2004 - May 25, 2011


It is with great sadness that I write this blog entry. One of Rick's caregivers Jeannette (you would remember her as she was so bubbly and talkative) has suddenly lost her grandson Nathaniel Bushell. He was only 6 years old. He had six sisters and was their only son. He loved animals, hanging out with his father fixing equipment, and up at the crack of dawn making coffee with his dad.


He lived in Hadishville MB. Nathaniel attended the Reynold School where Rick and I would go to speak for the ALS Walks. I was just there on May 19th for this year's walk.

His funeral will be held tomorrow, Tuesday, May 31st at 10:00 am at the Green Acreas Funeral Home in Winnipeg. Please pray for the family! They will need all the love, comfort and compassion imaginable at this time!