Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Joan here...Showers of kindness!

Every year my mom's side of the family hosts a "Grandma's Tea". It is done in memory of my grandmother. She loved drinking tea but it had to be out of a tea cup. So over the years we all got a tea cup from her. So when we go to the tea everyone brings their tea cup and her favorite food dishes that she enjoyed. They also have a silent auction and raise money for all kinds of things.

To our shock and amazement Rick and I were presented with the proceeds from the event. We are just so overwhelmed by the kindess and love from our family and friends.

Rick's fasciculations have been steadily increasing in his hands between the pointer and thumb and his hands shake more.

My cousin was trained as a reflexologist. She came over with her specialty chair, training books and etc. She worked on Rick's feet last night and will be training me how to do that so no matter where Rick and I are I can give him a treatment. It really helped to relax him and put him to sleep.

To the person who wanted to remain "anonymous"...your casserole and soup was absolutely delicious!!!

Thanks so much!