Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rick and Joan....Kelowna...did you say wine???

We are having a great time!!! Just a lot of adjustments to make...the first day we travelled was so very very hard!!! We did not know how much Rick can't do until now. Thanks so much Kim for arranging for the transfer chair...I could not have managed with out it!!!

We have had to avoid certain stops as they are not wheel chair friendly. I find that a lot of times I have to do things alone. I go to the gym alone each morning. Rick and I used to do this together.

The parking lot has too many slopes and so it was getting difficult to push Rick from the 2nd and 3 floor levels. No elevators. We have discovered the wonderful service of valet parking here.

We did go downtown a few times...and Rick was delighted to indulge in his "raspberry beer" awesome!! It is at Doc's. We had our memory lunch at Mission Hill yesterday.

It has been cloudy but not rainy so we have just keep going. We were at Penticton yesterday and had a great time just driving around.

We are so shocked at how things are slowing down for Rick and at how hard it is starting to get to do things...so sad!!! :( He is very frustrated and sad at times!!!

My sister and her husband are joining us this evening here...they have driven in from Vancouver.

We are just now awaiting for our vehicle to be delivered to the door.