Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Joan here..."Bye Brian Moule another ALS friend passed"


This pic was the one I took of the four guys at the ALS Brummit Feasby House when Rick and I had stayed there for a doctor's appointment. This pic was taken ONLY nine months ago.
This week Brian M passed away peacefully in his sleep. He was the last one of the four guys to pass away. Brian M is the one on the far left then Ken, Brian C, then Rick. All four of them did their part in helping to further awareness of ALS.

I attended Brian's funeral today and it was the first one since Rick has passed. The group I sat with is full of the ALS widows, the staff from the Brummitt Feasby House and the ALS Society staff. It was very very difficult and I really felt for Joan, Brian's wife.
Rick and I met this lovely couple at one of the first ALS meetings we were at in 2008. Then whenever we would stay at the Brummit Feasby House for appointments we would visit with Brian M. He was such an interesting fellow. They nicknamed him "the boss". He had a love for puzzles so whenever we would go he would show us his latest achievement. We will miss you Brian M and give my Ricki a big hug from me!
This disease is so ugly! I just heard where a gentleman in my area has ALS and he actually lost his wife to ALS Bulbar 3 years ago. So as a couple they both got ALS but it affected them in different ways. It really makes you wonder if this is not environmentally stimulated! All I know is that wherever it goes it leaves a trail of dead bodies behind it!
My deepest condolences to Joan and her children on their great loss! In God we trust!!!