Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Joan here..."My baby is napping!"


Here is my sweetie after a shower and shave and all sitting in his chair! I put on the bi pap and he was out cold in a couple of minutes!!! Wow!!! Thanks to all the medical staff at the Health Science Centre who got us all up and running. I am sure it will give Rick an incredible boost in quality of life for right now!!!
Once he wakes up we are going to take in the beautiful afternoon. I have some patio stuff to put away for the winter and get rid of the ugly looking frost bitten plants that are still on the deck.