Welcome

This blog is about a new walk with my husband Rick & I since he was diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) or Lou Gehrig's Disease or MND (Motor Neuron Disease) on February 1, 2008.

This blog was started as a way to keep our family and friends and anyone else interested in our battle with ALS updated.
So as you read this blog please keep us in your hearts and prayers.

The blog starts from the most current to the oldest entry. Rick has started to blog now also as of April 1,2008 so this site has become officially "our blog".

My dearest husband Rick passed away on August 13, 2010,
2 1/2 yrs after diagnosis. Now I have to learn how to walk in the courage, strength and bravery that he did in fighting this disease. He promised me he would be waiting for me in eternity on a park bench. Together Forever!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rick here..."Thanks Everyone for the great summer"


I just wanted to thank all the folks who helped to make my time at the lake so memorable and so much fun!
Starting with Joan, who lifted, haul, organized, cooked, cleaned, hoyered and a million other things to make this happen. She is one in a million!!!
Thanks to all our kids and grandkids who made the treak up! Also, my folks, and Joan and my brother and sisters as well as all our friends!
We had many laughs and tears together as a family!
A special thank you to Jake and Val, and Greg and the gang at Brerton Lake for all their help in hauling hospital bed, hoyer lift, commode chair, etc. etc. all up to make this trip possible. Even palliative care made sure I received my special circulating air mattress before I left. We have had so very much support! It was indeed a trip of a lifetime for me!